NBA Playoff Betting Preview: Rockets vs. Thunder, April 21, 2017
by Jim Feist
A battle of two of the top offensive NBA teams in the West takes plays as the Houston Rockets are up 2-0 heading to Oklahoma City to face the Thunder, Friday, April 21, 2017. The Thunder are -2.5 home favorites with the total at 227. Houston’s offense has been the story in the first two games. An uptempo game with all these offensive stars? Beware: Houston is 22-8-1 under the total on the road against a team with a winning home record.
- #3 Houston (1-10 ATS run) has won 3 in a row, up 2-0 winning 118-97 and 115-111.
- Rockets were #2 in the NBA in points scored, #26 points allowed
- James Harden poured in 35 points in Game 2.
- The Rockets received 93 of their 115 points in Game 2 from the backcourt quartet of Harden, Eric Gordon (22 points), Lou Williams (21) and Patrick Beverley (15). Beverley is averaging 18 points on 14-of-22 in the first two games, as well as being a dynamite defensive force.
- Houston is 7-19 ATS playing on 1 days rest.
- 22-8-1 under the total away vs. a team with a winning home record.
- The Over is 46-22 in the Rockets last 68 vs.the NBA Northwest division.
(Jim Feist is on an 89-52 NBA run. NBA, MLB and NHL cash Friday: Click: FastFactsToday)
- OKC was #11 in the NBA in points scored, #16 in points allowed
- Star Russell Westbrook produced the highest-scoring triple-double in playoff history with 51 points, 13 assists and 10 rebounds in Game 2, but ran out of gas in the fourth quarter as the Thunder fell, 115-111.
- Westbrook was just 4-of-18 shooting while playing the entire final quarter. Bench help anyone?
- Westbrook is averaging 36.5 points, 10.5 rebounds and 10 assists in the series.
- OKC is 17-7 ATS at home, 38-16-3 ATS at home against a team with a road winning percentage of greater than .600.
Head to head matchup: Rockets 10-2 ATS, 5-0 at OKC. The under 9-2 when these teams meet at OKC, while the underdog is 7-3 the last 10 meetings.
Free scores and NBA odds daily at JimFeist.com